Blackberry Playbook and BB10 eReading and News Apps
If you love to read, you will love our definitive e-Reading, Manga, Comic book, newspaper and magazine apps for Blackberry 10 and the Playbook.
If you have any questions or concerns with installing BAR Files to your Blackberry Playbook feel free to comment below and one of our staff members will assist you. Please make sure the first thing you do is install the essential software and watch our videos HERE.
TTRSS-Reader« Reading and News for Playbook « Downloads
|Updated||March 24, 2013|
|Category||Reading and News for Playbook|
This is a client application for the project “Tiny Tiny RSS” (from http://tt-rss.org/), a PHP-based online feedreader which runs on your own webspace. If you want to host your own feedreader, want a cross-device-solution and don’t want to use Google Reader (for whatever reason) this is the app you want! This reader offers automatic update on startup, filtering articles by status and efficient browsing through categories and the virtual categories “Fresh”, “Starred” and “Published Articles” as well as Labels you can define by yourself. You can browse the articles offline when they have been synchronized before and the ImageCache can be used to pre-load all included images from the articles too.
☆ Swipe for faster browsing
☆ Optional navigation with volume-buttons
☆ View and download attached media files
☆ Cache articles and images locally
☆ Share URLs
☆ Easily mark things as read, starred or publish/comment them
☆ SSL with self-signed certificates
☆ Fast JSON-Parsing with stream-based parser GSON
☆ Scheduled updates via Tasker/Locale
☆ many more, Changelog and Feature-List can be found on the project-page…
You need to enable the API for the user-account in the user-preferences.
• “modify/delete SD card contents”: Allows download of attached media files and images for the ImageCache.
• “full Internet access”: Connection to your TTRSS-Server.
• “view network state”: Check if mobile network or wifi is available.
• “control vibrator”: Vibrate when last article is reached, can be disabled in the preferences.
• “wake lock”: Keep CPU running, only for ImageCache and work which is scheduled via Tasker/Locale
Q: Why can’t I update this app (“Signature incorrect” error)?
A: Remove the application and install it again. Sorry about that but it’s the only way. And not my fault. Someone included this app in a custom build in your device or you installed it from a third-party-source and it isn’t signed with my key, so there is no way you can update it.
Q: When I switch to offline-mode, how do I know when the caching is done?
A: There is no caching. The only difference to normal mode is that no connectivity is necessary and changes are stored locally. When switching to online again the spinning indicator should show while changes are uploaded. Caching occurrs only when starting the app (everything ecxept images) or the ImageCache is started (everything).
Q: What functions are triggered by the buttons in the ActionBar?
A: Just tilt your device to landscape-mode, there should appear some labels.
Q: Why don’t articles appear as “read” when I did read them on my PC?
A: Most of the time this is no problem at all. But. There is simply no way to get this information from the server-API. I have to guess how many articles could have been read since the last update of the local data and would probably transmit much more data then necessary in the end. So it *can* happen. But mostly it doesn’t.
Older Android versions (below Android 2.0):
Users of old android versions may try the compatibility-build which is available from the project page. It is only refreshed if I find the time to merge the changes and my or may not contain all features or bugfixes, depending on the nature of the changes. I can’t simply submit it to the market since google forbids users to upload several apps with the same package-name and I don’t have an easy way to merge changes when path and content differ too much. But you can just install the app from the project page and since it is signed with the same key you can be sure to keep your data.
Please feel free to contact me via mail or on the project-page, I am happy to receive bug-reports, feature-requests, donations or (of course) also critique.
- Youdao Dictionary for Blackberry 10
- Amazon Kindle for Blackberry Playbook
- iQuran for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Flipboard 2 for Blackberry 10 and Playbook
- Flipboard for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Anyview for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- myComics Free for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- National Geographic for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- CNN for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Quran Android for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Moon+ Reader for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- YouVersion Bible for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Aldiko for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Ask FM for Blackberry 10