Blitzortung Viewer« Weather « Downloads
|Updated||December 31, 2012|
Simple to use map based application visualizing real time full area lightning data provided by the blitzortung.org lightning location network project.
– realtime display of lightning data
– support for regions Europe, USA and Australia/New Zealand
– lightning strike time color coded
– reduced data volume and fast response
– current lightning strike time and lightning count
– optional user location display
– alarm function shows distance/direction of storms
– alarm background service
– support for notifications and vibration alarm
– single stroke display for blitzortung.org participants
Please visit http://www.blitzortung.org for more information regarding the community based lightning location project. http://www.blitzortung.org.
There are several reasons for the chosen raster display:
– the app can handle even very high lightning activity
– the lightning data with full accuracy is only available to participants of the blitzortung.org network.
To access data when using WLAN, outgoing connections to port 7080 should be allowed.
If you would like to contribute to a translation of the software in your language, please do not hesitate to contact me.
added raw data integration for blitzortung.org participants
improved display of own location
added support for region AU/NZ
improved data handling code
improved overlay zoom
added support for compressed data transmission for blitzortung users
added station overlay for blitzortung users