Stay abreast of our changing world with our Weather apps and Widgets for Android Phones and Tablets. Download Yahoo Weather, Weather Eye, The Weather Network and many more.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Hurricane - American Red Cross« Weather « Downloads
|Updated||December 31, 2012|
Important Update: Please update to version 1.3.1 as it fixes major issues with alerts not displaying properly.
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Please note: shelters only show the current open shelters. More shelters are setup as disasters happen, but until then, there may not be any shelters near you.
– Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even if the cell towers are down and the power is out.
– Monitor weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with location-based alerts for the U.S. and its territories from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration(NOAA).
– Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
– Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
– Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
– Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
– Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
– Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
– See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
– Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
– Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
Please update your app to the latest version as soon as possible! It address numerous critical issues with crashing!
DIRECTLY CALL PHONE NUMBERS: We need this to allow you to call emergency numbers from within the app
CAMERA: We need to be able to use the camera to allow us to use the flashlight in Tool Kit
GPS LOCATION: We need to serve you hurricane alerts based on your current location
PHONE CONTACTS: We need this for the Make a Plan view to allow you to add emergency contacts straight from your address book
== 1.3.1 ==
Fixed issue with shelters not refreshing
Fixed crashing issue when downloading new content
Fixed issue with alerts not showing for current location
Embedded storm tracker into app
== 1.3.1 ==
Fixed crashing issues
Fixed issue with alerts not showing properly
Fixed local shelters not showing
== 1.3 ==
Fixed major issues with spanish devices not loading content
Added flashlight/strobe light
Added make a plan section