Audio and Video
PlayTo AppleTV Roku GTV & DLNA« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||April 16, 2014|
|Category||Video & Audio|
Use your Android tablet or phone to stream videos, pictures & music from your favorites websites to your big screen TV – wirelessly.
* Supports Roku, Apple TV, Google TV, DLNA & UPnP devices *
If you\’re having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE RATING, so we can help you out and improve the App – your feedback really does help. We can\’t respond to reviews or comments.
Roku users please email us at email@example.com to get access to our free Roku channel.
PlayTo was selected by TheGuardian in the 20 Best Android apps
PlayTo for Android provides an ever growing, comprehensive and up to date list of online videos, TV shows, movies and radio – once you find what you like, it lets you stream them to your big screen TV, with Airplay like functionality. All you need is an internet enabled TV or a media player – no additional cables, adapters or hardware required. Also bookmark videos from 100+ video sites and play them as a playlist on your TV.
Our built in media browser has customized support for various websites and plays all videos full screen and in HD (when available).
– Play your favorite videos from Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Blip on your big screen TV.
– Create your own video playlists with videos from Vevo, Muzu, VH1, MTV, etc.
– Listen to music all day on your audio receiver or wireless speakers using own built-in integration for TuneIn, Amazon Cloud Player
– Catch up to on demand TV shows with our integration for Bravo, Koldcast, Disney, TCM, TMZ, History, TBS, Syfy, Univision, NBC, etc.
– Experience social media from Pinterest, Socialcam, Viddy on your smart TV.
– Enjoy free Bollywood dramas and shows from Video Chaska, iStream
– Our south Asian audience can enjoy their favorite videos from LeTV, Youku, 56.com, Pandora TV, Yupp TV, India Today, TOI, IBN, etc.
– We have expanded our European channel support with sites like Sky News, Rutube, The Guardian, DW, NRK, SVT, ZDF, etc.
– Sport aficionados can catch up to the latest events with our integration to sites like NFL, ESPN, Sky Sports
– Tech enthusiasts can check the latest videos on gadgets from sites like Engadget, Revision3, Wired, CNet on their favorite gadgets
– Also catch up to the latest events with our support for many News channels like NBC, CNN, Reuters, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, Fox & ABC
Please reach out to us if you have any device detection issues, questions, feature or channel requests
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/playtotv with #playtotv
If you have a big collection of personal media, movies, pictures or music – PlayTo also seamlessly discovers computers or other network devices supporting UPnP, DLNA containing your personal videos, photos and music and browse and play them on your tablet/smartphone or stream them to your TV including some popular media servers like TVersity, Plex Media Server (v0.9.6.0 and above), Serviio, Majestic, XBMC, Twonky, Windows Media Player, PS3 Media Server, Iomega, etc.
PlayTo has been tested to worked with over 1000+ devices like TV\’s, media/Blu-ray players, AV receivers, Airplay devices including Roku (with free PlayTo channel installed), Apple TV, Samsung, Sony, LG. Panasonic, Cambridge, Toshiba, Western Digital, Yamaha, Denon, Sonos, Onkyo, Linn, Pioneer, Logitech, Marantz, PacketVideo, Phillips, Sharp, XBMC and a lot more
Note: Your TV/Media Player/BluRay player needs to be DLNA, UPnP or AirPlay enabled and needs to be on the same Wifi network as your phone/tablet for PlayTo to discover and stream to it.
Make sure you remove the password from your Apple TV as PlayTo currently does not support password protection.
Note: The free version has restrictions on number of channels playable – please upgrade to full version for unrestricted access.
1. Fixed issues with Device content not being playable on Apple TV\’s and Roku
2. Support for streaming pictures to Roku – you need to update your Roku channel
1. New improved UI with less clutter
2. Improved device searching
3. Support for adding devices manually
4. Support for remembering your favorite devices across sessions
5. Support for bookmarking your favorite sites
6. Improved playback status
7. Auto continue for Apple TV devices when playback stops because of networking issues
Content rating: Low Maturity