Audio and Video
Nexus Media Importer« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||April 8, 2014|
|Category||Video & Audio|
Nexus Media Importer allows you to stream and transfer music, video, photos and documents from a USB flash drive or card reader connected to your Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (G1 & G2), Nexus 10, Moto X, Galaxy Nexus, Xoom or other Android 4.0+ devices with USB Host support. See technical notes for a list of supported file types and file systems.
If you have the Nexus 7 2013 or Nexus 10, make sure you update to Android 4.4+ to avoid problems.
Requires the following hardware:
1. An Android 4.0+ device. Known compatible devices include the Google Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (G1 and G2), Nexus 10, Moto X, Galaxy Nexus and the Motorola Xoom. Please try the free “Nexus Photo Viewer” first if you do not have one of these devices. Due to hardware limitations, the Nexus 4 is not supported.
2. An USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. Costs range from $1-10 USD, see screenshots for examples.
3. An USB Flash Drive or USB Card Reader with a flash memory card inserted, see screenshots for examples. Please see the FAQ on our website if you are trying to connect an external hard drive or other device.
IMPORTANT: To use NMI offline, you will have to activate the license by opening it online after installing.
-If you are using an card reader, put the flash memory card in the reader first.
-Attach your USB device to the OTG cable.
-Attach the OTG cable to the Nexus or other device.
-The application should launch automatically.
-Photos can be browsed by selecting from the list then swiping back and forth.
-Videos can be streamed with the Play icon.
-The Advanced tab can be used to manage and transfer files.
-Use the Connect screen to determine the viewed device and the destination device for the Copy/Move operations.
-If you have an issue, please visit the Developer’s Website or contact us by clicking “Email Developer”.
-Currently, most USB Mass Storage devices are supported. Due to the mind boggling number of USB devices available it is not 100% If you contact us, we may be able to support your device in a future release. If you have doubts, try the free “Nexus Photo Viewer” first.
-DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT! Rooting may void your device’s warranty.
-The USB drive/flash memory card must be formatted as FAT16, FAT32 or NTFS (no exFAT or extN support). FAT & NTFS are the most common formats for flash cards and USB Drives.
-Read Only for NTFS.
-Hard Drives. It is strongly recommended that you use external power when connecting a hard drive to a tablet. Please see the troubleshooting guide on my web site for more information. Do not connect an unpowered hard drive to a phone!
-This is a media streamer. Media types not natively supported by Android will require third party software. There are many excellent free and paid apps. in the Play market. For example: “BS Player”, “MX Player” and “Dice Player”
-The internal music player only plays formats natively supported by Android. WMA files are not supported, but can be copied locally for use with another player.
See the FAQ on the Developer’s Website for an overview of the permissions.
This software is not produced by Google, which owns the Nexus trademark.
- MovieTube: Free Full Movies
- Pandora Internet Radio
- MX Player
- Music Download Paradise Lite
- Spotify for Android
- TV Portal - Stream TV & Movies
- Vidmate - HD video downloader
- VK Music & Video Downloader
- TuneIn Radio for Android
- iHeartRadio for Android
- vMusic Pro
- Sing! Karaoke by Smule
- Real Player