Audio and Video
MortPlayer Audio Books« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||July 22, 2012|
|Category||Video & Audio|
Simple to use audio book player, saves recent positions, lots of features
Special media player for audio books. Separate folders, save+restore position for every track, bookmarks, …
Home screen Widgets as separate download “MortPlayer Widgets”.
Also check “MortPlayer Music”, which is optimized for music playback, e.g. with several shuffle and repeat modes.
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_AudioBooks/
– Folder based navigation
– Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below “/sdcard/music” or “/sdcard/audiobooks”, individual for each player)
– Auto save and restore recent position for each track
– Manual bookmarks
– Separate buttons for ffwd./rewind witch configurable timespan
– Go to given position in track (time entry dialog)
– List of 10 most recent events for each track (where did you press play, stop, got interrupted by a call, activate the sleep timer, …)
– List of started but unfinished tracks (in bookmark dialog)
– Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
– Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine – right?)
– Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android’s media library)
– Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types “other” and “front cover”), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
– Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
– Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
– Set the track order for each folder
– Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, …)
– Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
– Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
– Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
– Alarm clock
– Swipe gestures
– Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
– Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers – even Live Wallpapers)
– Delete and send files
– Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
– and some more, just check the preferences…
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn’t stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app’s lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For “StopService” activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards