VLC Remote (Fork)« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||October 12, 2013|
|Category||Video & Audio|
This is a remote control for VLC media player. This application is a fork of the application “Remote for VLC” by Peter Baldwin (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.peterbaldwin.client.android.vlcremote).
The source code for this application can be found on GitHub (https://github.com/samicemalone/android-vlc-remote). See the repository for licensing information.
If you are using VLC 2.0.x version, you may need to edit your VLC “.hosts” file. (Windows default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\lua\http\.hosts).
If you are using VLC 2.1 nightlies, you will need to set a default password for the Web interface (Tools -> Preferences -> “All” checkbox -> Interface -> Main interfaces -> Lua)
The upstream author has created a Troubleshooting guide which may be useful if you have any connection issues (http://code.google.com/p/android-vlc-remote/wiki/Troubleshooting).
* Added action bar item when browsing library to change the text size
* Fixed force close when scanning for servers in some situations
* Added preference for custom seek times
* Fixed some actions not working after changing server
* Display bottom action bar to smaller screens for cropping, subtitle track, fullscreen, audio track and aspect ratio.
* Playlist loading progress
* Detect media information from the filename
* Edit server, test server, HTTP auth servers
* Fix browsing titles and parent directories
* Added preference to hide the DVD tab for smaller screens
* Added preference to display directories sorted before files.
* Added preference to detect media information for each item in the playlist
- MovieTube: Free Full Movies
- Pandora Internet Radio
- MX Player
- Music Download Paradise Lite
- Spotify for Android
- TV Portal - Stream TV & Movies
- VK Music & Video Downloader
- TuneIn Radio for Android
- Vidmate - HD video downloader
- iHeartRadio for Android
- vMusic Pro
- Sing! Karaoke by Smule
- Real Player