Audio and Video
Wifi Remote Play« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||September 22, 2013|
|Category||Video & Audio|
Wifi Remote Play is a remote control app for the video players Media Player Classic (MPC) and VideoLan Client (VLC), allowing you to control it over a Wi-Fi network. Completely free, no ads!
* Remote control for: Play, pause, skip forwards/backwards through a track, jump to any point in the track, and jump to previous/next track.
* Status shows current track, position, and length.
* Volume control, and mute.
* File browser to select new tracks, playlists video files (Media Player Classic only).
* Toggle between windowed and full screen mode.
* Controls for DVD interface (Media Player Classic only).
* Symbian version downloaded 2 million times since 25 January 2012 – now available for Android!
* Completely free, no ads!
For your “IP Address”, run “Command Prompt” on the PC where VLC or Media Player Classic is playing, and type ipconfig. It should be listed under “IPv4 Address”. If you are having trouble setting up, please check out the webpage/Online Help for advice.
Note that this requires the Ministro II libraries (for Qt). If you don’t have these, you should be taken to the app page automatically when you first run Wifi Remote Play. Please install Ministro II, then return to Wifi Remote Play. Ministro manages the required Qt libraries on Android. These will be downloaded if required when you first run Wifi Remote Play. If you get an error message such as “Ministro can not satisfy your application dependencies”, please ensure you have enough storage space (the libraries can take up to around 25MB).
Intel Android devices are not currently supported.
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating! This can be done through Paypal at https://sourceforge.net/donate/?user_id=439017 (Paypal account not required). Thanks! You can also donate via Bitcoin. My Bitcoin address is: 1LKCFto9SQGqtcvqZxHkqDPqNjSnfMmsow.
Screen wasn’t being kept awake (bug in v1.7).
Fixed problem with user interface of DVD window when in portrait mode.
“Back” button now works properly.
More efficient battery usage when idle now implemented for Android as well as Symbian.
Android version now supports large “tablet” displays in Google Play.
Content rating: Everyone