Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
InDrive: Custom Car Home« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 29, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
InDrive is a unique application that combines superior car home functionality with an advanced trip computer and deep Poweramp integration. With one-touch access to the most useful features on your phone, this app is your perfect driving companion!
*** This is a free 14-day trial version. In order to continue using the app after this period, you will need to purchase the InDrive Unlocker.
InDrive makes it very easy to launch your favorite applications, directly dial numbers, view your trip information and control music playback*. It will auto launch when placed in a compatible car dock. If you don’t have a physical car dock, InDrive provides an option to force your phone into car mode, which will allow the app to override the Home button. Please note that for this feature to work properly on Android 2.x and higher, you have to set InDrive as the default car dock app. To do this, simply check the “Enable car mode” option in the settings and follow the instructions. This only needs to be done once.
NOTE FOR ANDROID 4.2 USERS: Car mode is partially broken in Android 4.2. Pressing the home button will return you to the default launcher instead of InDrive or other car home app of choice. Unfortunately this can’t be fixed without applying a patch (in other words, installing a standalone app), and it would still have drawbacks. In other words, this bug can only be properly resolved by Google.
* The music screen is designed to work in conjunction with Poweramp. Without Poweramp installed, you will only be able to do very basic controls such as switching to the next song in the default Android music player. Support for other media players is not guaranteed.
Trip computer features:
* Street address
* Speedometer (mph, km/h or knots)
* Battery level
* Weather (Fahrenheit or Celsius)
* Time traveled (total / driving / stopped)
* Average speed (total / driving)
* Max speed
* Time of day
• Enable car mode (Force the phone into car mode like it had been placed in the car dock)
• Check GPS status (Open the location settings screen if GPS is disabled)
• Turn on Bluetooth
• Disable Wi-Fi
• Set media volume (Does not affect the ringtone volume)
• Set screen brightness (Will override the automatic brightness setting if necessary)
• Keep screen on (Prevent the screen from locking while the app is running)
• Disable auto rotation (Turn this option on when driving on bumpy roads)
• Turn on speakerphone
• Exit on undock
BATTERY USAGE: This app is very battery intensive when used with the default settings. When not connected to a power source, please uncheck the “Keep screen on” option in the settings.
NOTE ON PERMISSIONS: InDrive requires access to several system features, such as GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, audio settings, and also to the SD card in order to write temporary log files and map images (these will be deleted on uninstall). It also requires a permission to directly call phone numbers for the shortcuts screen to work properly.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on our blog or open a support ticket here: http://support.codesector.com/