Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Tokyo Travel Guide, Local Tour« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 13, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Tokyo by local Japanese people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guide book or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Japan much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and WikiTravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Japan.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Tokyo
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Japan. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Experience the rush of the early morning Tsukiji Fish market 築地市場, the world’s largest fish market and a popular tourist destination surrounded by rows of delicious sushi restaurants.
– Spend the day shopping in Shibuya 渋谷109, an icon for the youth in Japan, and by far the most famous shopping building in Tokyo.
– Sightsee around Meiji Shrine 明治神宮, a delightfully simplistic Shinto Shrine near Harajuku 原宿.
– Witness the fashion and pop-culture of Harajuku 原宿 on Sunday, when youth dressed in exotic costumes and unique fashion styles take to the streets.
– Enjoy the night life and club scenes in Shibuya 渋谷 and Roppongi 六本木. Both areas have a high concentration of high-quality bars and clubs.
– Participate in the scrabble of Shibuya crossing 渋谷スクランブル交差点, one of the most famous intersections in Japan.
-Belt out your favorite ballad at one of the many Karaoke shops in Tokyo.
– Step inside the 43-foot tall Hollow Buddha (Daibutsu 大仏) statue at the Kotokuin Temple in Kamakura 鎌倉.
– Walk around the Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden 新宿御苑, a beautiful garden.
– Go to the Sunday pop-culture events in Yoyogi park 代々木公園 and witness live performances ranging from acoustic bands to hip-hop dance groups.
– Walk along the beaches of Odaiba お台場 and spend the evening relaxing at the Oedo Onsen Monogatari 大江戸温泉物語, a famous, open-aired hot-spring. In the public areas you can wear a yukata 浴衣, a traditional Japanese robe.
– Enjoy Sumo 相撲wrestling matches at the Ryogoku Kokugikan 両国国技館, the National Sumo Hall.
– In the summer, walk around or climb Mt. Fuji 富士山.
– Re-live your childhood at the famous Studio Ghibli Museum ジブリ美術館, created by Hayao Miyazaki 宮崎駿, creator of My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away. The museum has an out-door section complete with a café and statues of some of the characters.