Travel and Leisure
Bali Travel Guide, Local Tour« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Bali by local Indonesian people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guidebook or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Indonesia much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and Wikitravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Indonesia.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Bali
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Indonesia. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Bike through Monkey Forest and the city of Ubud to take in the sights and enjoy the fresh air outside the main city.
– Shop at a Kuta Stall, fun tourist shops that sell a variety of cheap souvenirs. Kuta Stalls are famous for selling fake DVDs, souvenirs, and knockoff clothing.
– Take a surfing class at Kuta Beach, no experience required. By day, the beach is beautiful by day and by night it becomes a popular spot for clubs.
– Spend the night out at one of the many famous Bali clubs such as Double Six and The Bounty.
– Visit the Monkey Temple in Uluwatu, famous for adventuresome monkeys that live within the temple and steal small items from tourists. Make sure to hide sunglasses, hats, dangling necklaces, and cameras.
– Watch a Kecak Dance performance at Ulu Watu Temple at night. The Kecak dance is performed without instruments, relying only on the vocals of performers.
– Visit Tanah Lot Temple, a temple created to honor the Balinese gods. It sits near the ocean with a remarkable view.
– If you are willing drive outside the city, snorkel off the coast of the Menjangan Island, an island near Bali.
– Hire a driver for the day to drive you around the countryside of Bali. Drivers can be purchased for the day at a cheap price.
– Climb Mt. Batur, an active volcano, and watch the sunrise over the Lombok Straight.
– Ride an elephant at the Elephant Safari Park and Lodge in Taro. Or you can pet, wash, feed, and take pictures with the large animals.
– Eat Babi Guling, suckling pig, a famous and traditional Bali cuisine. It is served both in restaurants and as street food, available on any street corner.
– Spend the day at Waterbom Park. The park was designed for all ages; the park is composed of water slides, spa treatments, a lazy river, and several swim-up bars.