Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Ho Chi Minh Travel Local Guide« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Ho Chi Minh City by local Vietnamese people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guidebook or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Vietnam much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and Wikitravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Vietnam.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Ho Chi Minh City
– Ask a travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Vietnam. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Escape the bustle of the city and cruise the Saigon River and enjoy the dinner on Bonsai Cruise. Savor a sumptuous dinner, accompanied by live entertainment, while floating past Ho Chi Minh City’s enchanting nighttime cityscape.
– See the water puppets show at Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre in Ho Chi Minh.
– Think about history in War Remnants Museum (Nha Trung Bay Toi Ac Chien Tranh). Even the casual historian will question some of the displays in controversial museum depicting the horrors of the Vietnam conflict.
– Visit to Bitexco Financial Tower Skydeck, defining the skyline of Ho Chi Minh City. It was designed by New York Architect Carlos Zapata; whose inspiration for this daring design was drawn from the Lotus bud, a flower of significance to Vietnam.
– Write a letter at Central Post Office, one of the French colonial landmarks.
– Go to the Cao Dai Temple, a relatively modern syncretistic, monotheistic religion, established in the city of Tây Ninh, southern Vietnam in 1926.
– Come and enjoy Vietnamese food at Ngon restaurant Thao Dien Village with water puppet show. The show upholds the culture, the traditions of Vietnam and is acted like normal human beings by the well-trained artists.
– Walk along the Pham Ngu Lao Street, named after Pham Ngu Lao, the national hero. Ho Chi Minh city locals flock to the area markets to buy cheap clothes, souvenirs, and war memorabilia.
– Visit to Notre Dame Cathedral. This French-built cathedral occupies scenic Paris Square in the heart of HCMC.
– Take a leisurely stroll down this colorful street, Dong Khoi Street, full of fancy shops.
– Know about Emperor Jade Pagoda (Chua Ngoc Hoang or Phuoc Hai Tu), known as the Tortoise Pagoda and considered to be Saigon’s finest.