Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Jakarta Travel Local Guide« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Jakarta by local Indonesian people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guidebook or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Indonesia much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and Wikitravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Indonesia.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Jakarta
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Indonesia. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Visit Monas, the National Monument that celebrates Indonesian independence. It is a 137 meter building, topped with gold and surrounded by statues that play out the independence movement.
– Go dancing at B.A.T.S., a unique night spot famous for great food, drinks, company, and dancing that comes alive every night after 10PM.
– Take a stroll along Senda Kelapa Park, the original port Jakarta grew from.
– Spend the afternoon at Taman Mini Park; a series of themed museums and houses clustered together that showcase Indonesia, as a country. All of the traditional Indonesian houses represent a different culture from each province.
– Browse through Jalan Surbaya, the open-air antique market near the Menteng District. You can find both cheap souvenirs and rustic artifacts for sale at reasonable prices.
– Enrich your knowledge at the Jakarta History Museum in Fatahillah Square. You can learn the un-censored history of Dutch colonization and the lingering after-effects.
– Embrace your wild side at the Ragunan Zoo, home to nearly 300 different species. It is world-famous for its exceptional collection of primates, ranging from gorillas to gibbons. At special hours, orangutans are pushed around in an enclosed cart so that guests can see them up-close.
– Relax at Club Macanudo, a high class club with comfortable Italian leather couches, Latin music, and fine wine.
– Enjoy at day at Seaworld Indonesia, Jakarta’s own Sea World. Being close to the sea makes this aquarium even more fun, the best part is the “Petting zoo” when you can pet and play with turtles.
– Regardless of your religion, take a tour of the Istiglal Mosque, a gorgeous, five-floor mosque that can hold up to 250,000 worshippers. Completed in 1978, It is the fourth-largest mosque in the world.