Travel and Leisure
Kyoto Travel Guide, Local Tour« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Kyoto by local Japanese people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guide book or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Kyoto much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and WikiTravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Kyoto.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Kyoto
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Kyoto. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Walk along thousands of vermilion tori gates in Fushimi Inari Shrine 伏見稲荷大社. The tori gates straddle a network of trails behind its main buildings.
– See the most famous attraction in Kyoto, Golden Pavilion 金閣寺. This temple was originally built in 1397 as a residence for shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu 足利義満. The structure is completely covered in gold.
– Go to most-visited temple in Kyoto, Kiyomizu Temple 清水寺, which was built to honor Kannon 観音, the goddess of mercy. It’s beautiful hillside location offers magnificent views of the city and valley below.
– Visit Sanjusangendo Hall 三十三間堂, which contain the greatest examples of religious art in the world. It was once part of a large Buddhist complex known as the Rengeoin “Lotus King Temple”.
– Just sit and admire the beautiful garden, Sanzen-in Temple 三千院. It is the main attraction of the rural town of Ohara 大原.
– Sightsee a small town on the Oi River, Arashiyama 嵐山, which has famous bamboo and pleasure boats that are available for rent. Its bridge, Togetsu-kyo 渡月橋, is a beautiful, beloved wooden structure.
– Visit to Zen temple built in 1482 by the shogun Ashikaga 足利義満, Silver pavilion 銀閣寺. This temple was supposed to have been finished in a coat of silver. But this step never occurred.
– Look for the Geisha 芸者 in Gion 祇園. The most famous place in Kyoto is also known as the Geisha district. There are teahouses and private clubs that you can catch a glimpse of a geisha in full dress including white makeup.
– Experience the home of Tokugawa Ieyasu 徳川家康 in Nijo Castle 二条城, one of the most powerful men in Japan.
– Feel beautiful air in Japan’s most famous rock garden, Ryoanji Temple 龍安寺.
An interesting feature of the garden’s design is that from any vantage point at least one of the rocks is always hidden from the viewer.