Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
GPS MAP« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||September 25, 2013|
|Category||Travel & Local|
GPS Map is a free, advertising supported app that allows you to do awesome things with a map powered by Google on Android devices. For a price, you can get GPS Map Pro which is identical without the advertising banner.
Activities are organized into the following categories:
* Search – Find new Placemarks by address, or coordinates.
* My Location – Center or mark your place quickly, toggle Real/Mock location, Search nearby, and Share your location.
* Layers – Allows you to toggle the visibility of My Location, Placemarks, Satellite, Traffic, Track, and Route layers.
* Placemarks – View list, Center, Change location, use as Mock location, Navigate to, Route to, Search nearby, Street View, and Share
* Routes – View list, Change color, Details, Hide, Show and Share
* Tracks – View list, Start/Stop Recording, Change color, Graph, Tour on Google Earth, View at Human, Land, and Plane speed, and Share
* Images – View list, set Default for Marker, Import as a Marker, Import location from Image
* Markers – View list, Edit/Delete/Hide/Show groups of Placemarks, Markers created for each Import
* Compass Mode – All visible layers rotate instead of My Location arrow rotating towards north
* Copyright – All the legal copyright and disclosure stuff
* Data Management – Import/Export/Manage data
* Help – A quick introduction, the FAQ, and links to other helpful content about GPS Map
* Preferences – Adjust update time, long press time, the visibility of various items and features
Use almost any image from your Camera, Gallery, or file browsing app to create a Marker for a Placemark on the map. Images containing location information can be imported as Placemarks with their image as the Marker on the map.
GPS Map has the following features:
* Easy to search for a location by address, placemark name, or latitude, longitude.
* Import/Export your Placemarks – GPSMap GPS, Garmin CSV, Geocode GEO, Google Earth/Google Maps KML,GPS Exchange GPX filesand TomTom ASCII
* Imports the location and image from a photograph to create a Placemark on the map with the Image as the Marker
* Able to view Placemarks, Routes and Tracks with Google Earth
* Able to be taken to Google Street View for a Placemark (if available)
* Able to use Placemarks to start a navigation app like Google Navigation
* Export to Google Drive Fusion Tables with an active Gmail account
* Creates Tours for Google Earth based upon your recorded Track
Works best with:
* Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Street View installed.
GPS location service enabled.
Visit https://sites.google.com/site/wrightkeith/gpsmap/ for more information.