Audubon Birds of North America« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||October 6, 2015|
|Category||Travel & Local|
Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides. With more than 2 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America.
Audubon Bird Guide: North America is an outstanding mobile field guide resource completely updated to the current AOU checklist. The app includes 821 species; advanced gallery view for easy comparison and search; field mark call outs; a “Find Birds with eBird” feature powered by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology; and a social community of birders who observe, identify, and share their observations and photos in the mobile app and online.
• Identify 821 species with in-depth descriptions including information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and more
• Over 3,200 images from the world-renown VIREO, Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University’s world-wide collection of bird photography, Philadelphia.
• Eight hours of the most exceptional, highest quality bird sounds.
• Robust seasonal and migratory range maps.
• Browse species in a gallery view and filter by shape, region and color, aiding quick identification.
• Find Birds with eBird – the ability to locate birds seen recently around you, drawing on the continuously updated database from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology and eBird.
• Create a Personal Account – post, keep lists, and share sightings with friends and followers with an easy and user-friendly interface.
What People are Saying:
“Now every birder can have the equivalent of a rare bird alert and comprehensive field guide wrapped into a single mobile app.” – Gary Langham, vice president and chief scientist for Audubon
“Instead of the hefty field guides, the apps give the nature photographer a very portable and lightweight library of natural history information.” – Jim Clark, Outdoor Photographer Magazine
AppPicker (“Best of” Lists, Jan 2013): “Audubon Birds…largely regarded as the best bird watching app…”
2011 APPY Award Finalist
“All I can say is WOW and double WOW! I have had Audubon Birds for a couple of years and have seen it grow into the BEST bird app for iOS! …I am just blown away with all the new additions. My favorite is showing all the birds in a group (thumbnails) and when tapped lightly the name shows up. What a way to learn new birds. I just cannot express how much I love the update. Thank you…” – E Uhls
About Audubon Guides: Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps from the National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: www.audubon.org/apps.
About the Developer:
The National Audubon Society saves birds and their habitats throughout the Americas using science, advocacy, education and on-the-ground conservation. Audubon’s state programs, nature centers, chapters and partners have an unparalleled wingspan that reaches millions of people each year to inform, inspire and unite diverse communities in conservation action. Since 1905, Audubon’s vision has been a world in which people and wildlife thrive. Audubon is a nonprofit conservation organization. Learn more at www.audubon.org and @audubonsociety.
For assistance, please email email@example.com