Travel and Leisure
Maverick: GPS Navigation« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||September 30, 2013|
|Category||Travel & Local|
Use offline maps and GPS even without an internet connection. This app is great for hiking, boating, geocaching and other outdoor activities.
• Multiple global and regional online maps, including: Bing, Yandex, Open Street Maps, OSM Cycle, OSM Public Transport, Multimap (UK), OutdoorActive (Germany, Austria, South Tyrol), Cykloatlas, HikeBikeMap (Germany), Open Piste Map, NearMap (Australia) and many other maps.
All maps automatically cached for offline use. Use Mobile Atlas Creator to download maps or MAPC2MAPC to convert maps from other formats.
• Share your current or planned position
You can send address, GPS coordinates, link to Google Maps and even map image.
• Navigate easily
Build-in radar shows the direction, distance and estimated time to a point of interest.
• Save places you visit
All waypoint stored in KML file and can be viewed and edited in Google Earth.
• Record tracks with single tap
Tracks are recorded in GPX format and can be viewed in Google Earth and other software.
• Upload tracks to GPSies
Free account is required for uploading.
• Trip Computer
Watch speed, altitude, pitch and many other values.
Only in Pro version:
• Unlimited waypoints and tracks
• Lock compass to bearing
• UTM and OSGB grids
• FourSquare support
We can implement standard Google MapView, but it\’s limited – no caching and terrain view. If you need it, please email us or leave a comment.
– Tiles downloading from Google Maps was disabled by request from Google, please use official app for caching map data. In future versions we can implement standard MapView, but it doesn\’t have caching ability and terrain mode.
– Fixed OSM Cycle and Yandex maps.
– Option to adjust compass in portrait and landscape modes.
– Pitch offset (useful when device mounted on a bike at some angle).
– Yandex Maps (Street, Sat, Public).
– Option to use external (second) SD card.
Content rating: Low Maturity