Travel and Leisure
Planning an Epic Getaway or just want to find out when the next bus is coming? We have thousands of apps for this and lots more!
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Saigon (Vietnam) Travel Guide« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||September 20, 2013|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon by local Vietnamese people to experience local culture.
We recommend this app to travelers who want to:
– Learn about Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon local culture
– Meet and become friends with locals in Vietnam
– Create your own tour and travel at your own pace
– Get off the beaten path guidebooks pave
Rather than relying on a guidebook or city guide of Vietnam, this app lets you directly contact locals and sign up for low-price trips. It makes researching and ranking things to do in Vietnam much easier by putting you in the hands of local guides who can take you to non-touristy spots. Whether you are a solo student or backpackers using Hipmunk and, staying in a motel or hostel, or a group of families or friends using Triposo on vacation, tours are easy, cheap, and personalized based on your budget and schedule. A local will act as your personal guide, similar to the WhatsApp and AroundMe apps, taking you to unique, nearby locations.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where locals in Vietnam act as a city guide and recommend area-specific trips for visitors to browse. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor, Wikitravel, and Viator only suggest popular destinations, this app allows you to personally contact a guide who will show you both unknown and famous locations found on TIME magazine’s Top 10 things to do in Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, as well as a non-news tourist agency guides like Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, TripIt, and mTrip. Traveling has never been easier. Often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” this app takes the pressure away from navigating a city guide, blog, map, or tourist brochure. Once your trip is finished, you can leave a comment or recommendation in the user review section to help future travelers coming to Vietnam.
Sites such as Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Agoda, and Booking.com, exist so you can find inexpensive flights. CouchSurfing and hostels.com were created to give you convenient housing options while travelling in Vietnam. You could plan a budget trip using XE Currency, Wikitude, SayHi Translate, and UrbanSpoon to get a taste of local culture, but navigating a new city is difficult. Even if you are able to use Avis, Enterprise, Rent-a-car, or Hertz to get a car rental abroad, it is much easier to have a local show you around using public transportation. If you want a hassle-free, unforgettable day trip in Vietnam, you should download this free app. Forget the city guide, let locals give you a taste of the wonders of Vietnam, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam
– Ask a travel questions to local people, such as weather and clothes
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you're traveling in Vietnam
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Vietnam. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Escape the city with the Bonsai Cruise on the Saigon River.
– See the Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre in Ho Chi Minh.
– Explore the War Remnants Museum (Nha Trung Bay Toi Ac Chien Tranh).
– Visit to Bitexco Financial Tower Skydeck, to see the cities’ skyline
– Write a letter at Central Post Office, a French colonial landmark.
– Go to the Cao Dai Temple, which celebrates a modern monotheistic religion.
– Enjoy Vietnamese food at Ngon restaurant Thao Dien Village.
– Walk along the Pham Ngu Lao Street and buy cheap clothes, souvenirs, and war memorabilia.
– Visit to Notre Dame Cathedral. This French-built cathedral occupies Paris Square in the heart of HCMC.
– Take a leisurely stroll down, Dong Khoi Street.
– Learn about Emperor Jade Pagoda, also known as the Tortoise Pagoda.