Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Google Hindi Input« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||September 19, 2018|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
Google Hindi Input is an Indic IME which allows you to type messages, update on social networks or compose emails in Hindi on your Android phone. If you can read नमस्ते correctly on your phone, then you may install and use Google Hindi Input, otherwise your phone may not support Devanagari script.
How can I enable it and set it as the default input method/IME on my Android phone?
– On Android 4.x and newer versions:
Open Settings -> Language & Input, under “KEYBOARD & INPUT METHODS” section, check Google Hindi Input, then click Default and select “Hindi transliteration” in the “Choose input method” dialog.
When typing in an input box, you can also change the default input method by selecting “Choose input method” in the Notification area.
– On Android 2.x:
Open Settings -> Language & keyboard, under “Keyboard settings” section, check Google Hindi input.
When typing in an input box, long press in the box and select “Input method” in the popup menu, then select “Google Hindi Input”.
Before Android 4.0, Google did not provide official Devanagari font support. Please make sure that your manufacturer provides additional Devanagari font in your phone.
Your device may need different steps as described above. Please check the device’s user guide/manual for details.
How can I use this application?
– Toggle the button “a->अ” on English keyboard to turn on/off transliteration mode.
– In the transliteration mode, you can type Hindi word in English characters and the app will convert them to Hindi.
– For example, type “hindi” and then you will get the word हिंदी from a list.
– By turning off the transliteration mode on English keyboard, you can type in English.
– Toggle the globe button to switch between English and Hindi keyboard
– Consonants are alphabetically ordered into 2 pages. Press the paging button “1/2” “2/2” to navigate between pages. Long press the character key to select various forms in the popup.