Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
DriveDroid« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||October 23, 2018|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
* This application requires root *
DriveDroid allows you to boot your PC from ISO/IMG files stored on your phone. This is ideal for trying Linux distributions or always having a rescue-system on the go… without the need to burn different CDs or USB pendrives. The paid version of DriveDroid does not include ads and helps the developer.
DriveDroid also includes a convenient download menu where you can download USB-images of a number of operating systems from your phone.
You can also create blank USB-images which allows you to have a blank USB-drive. From your PC you can store files onto the USB-drive, but also use tools on your PC to write images to the drive. More information can be found on the website of DriveDroid.
How to use:
* Upon first starting DriveDroid follow the setup guide. It will set everything up correctly and tests whether your device is compatible.
* Next you can download an image file from the + menu or create a blank image.
* The downloaded/created image will show up in DriveDroids imagelist and you can press it to ‘host’ the image.
* When doing so you have the option to host the image as an read-only USB stick, a writable USB stick or (if supported) a CD-rom drive.
* Now you can reboot your PC and make sure the correct boot priority is set in the bios.
* The image should now be booted on your PC.
* USB cable (from phone to PC)
* Some .iso files do not support being booted over USB, but most popular Linux distibutions are. All images that are downloadable through DriveDroid are supported.
* There are custom kernels that support emulating a CD-drive, which allows you to boot any ISO. More information on this is available on DriveDroids website.
* Do NOT use DriveDroid while your SD card is mounted (being used on your PC). This can cause loss of data.
* There are a few devices that have trouble with Mass Storage, which causes them to not work out-of-the-box. More information on this is available on DriveDroids website.