Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
CellMapper« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||November 18, 2018|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
CellMapper is an application used to both map out and view cell phone provider coverage. It does this by collecting data via crowd-sourcing while you use the application (opt-in). Once data is received by the server, it will take a few hours to update.
Since the application is used by many users, chances are network map for your provider are already available under the “Map” and the CellMapper main site. CellMapper also provides an offline, locally calculated, map if you do not wish to submit anonymous network information. If you change your mind, you can always upload this data at a later date.
CellMapper works on both tablets (with or without radio) and cell phone. The map is available in Android 2.2 and later due to Maps API only supporting this version of Android or later.
– Displays map of mapped (or calculated) towers, and currently connected tower
– Displays advanced CellID info (LTE: RSRP, RSRQ, SNR, CQI, Timing Advance for LTE-TDD. CDMA: ECIO, EVDO ECIO, SNR)
– Advanced processing of data if is uploaded to the site (per sector coverage, signal trails, advanced cell tower location triangulation) (optional)
– Local calculation of cell tower points (enable feature in Change Provider dialog)
– Support for both Google Maps and OpenStreetMaps
Note: Advanced data, which is displayed by default, is calculated every few hours due to the processing power required. Your results should be available in about 3 hours. Lower quality, instant, data is available right away.
Currently supported networks:
– CDMA (limited, many phones do not implement the API correctly)
For any bug reports, please use the forum on the above site. Do not post in the comments section, as I have no way to contact you to get more information.
To start contributing, simply go into the Settings screen and enable “Live Upload.” Once this is enabled, simple press the home button and CellMapper will run in the background and send data as you move. You can always close CellMapper by using the menu and selecting exit on the main screen.
New in 2.9.0:
– Option to vibrate on CellID changes
– Notification now displays signal and network info
– Fixed CDMA issue where EVDO Ecio/EVDO would be repeated multiple times
– Added SID for CDMA, properly label NID
– Added CDMA Ecio/RSSI for EVDO networks
– Fixed issue where CDMA dBm would be shown for EVDO networks on some devices
– Fixed EVDO/CDMA Ecio units
– Added units for some advanced LTE info
– Fixed an issue where some bad data would be recorded when transitioning between different networks
New in 2.8.9:
– Added ability to re-upload data
– Made uploading more reliable in situations where network needs browser based authentication
New in 2.8.8:
– Added switch to enable/disable all data collection
– Fixed an issue where the map was still downloading data in some circumstances
– Disabled map updates when not visible
– Fixed an issue in CyanogenMod where DC-HSPA+ cells were not being displayed on the map
– Performance improvements
New in 2.8.5:
– Disabled Android 4.2 new CellAPI usage by default due to manufacturers like Samsung and Google not implementing it on their newer phones (i.e Nexus 4, Galaxy S4) (see settings)
– Made GPS staleness check optional and off by default (see settings)
– Added option to disable map
New in 2.8.2:
– Fix crash when db not initialized yet
– Fix Android 3.0 Honeycomb title bar/menu missing
New in 2.8.1:
– Fixed cell network type overlapping with signal strength display on some smaller phones
View your results at CellMapper.net