Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
DroidCam Wireless Webcam« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||January 2, 2014|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
Use your phone as a webcam on your computer over WiFi or USB
*note* if you are having problems with Skype v6.2 please re-download and re-install client to fix the problem *
Allows you to chat using “DroidCam Webcam” on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc..), and talk via “DroidCam Microphone*”.
You must download and install a computer client to use the app (Windows & Linux versions available). Visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to install the client, and for usage info.
Pro version, DroidCamX available: Various video formats and higher resolutions with less network usage, access via your browser (surveillance/ip camera), connect via 3G, bluetooth, camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more. Available for Android 2.1+.
* Audio support is experimental:
– Available on Windows XP – 7 only as an optional install
– 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default
– Not available via Bluetooth
– On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed by at least 1 second and delivered in larger chunks, thus not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
KWD: Video Audio Camera Microphone Streaming USB Webcam
– Fixed several Force Closes for various devices
– Usage limit removed, free version will work without resetting
– If the latest version of Skype (6) does not detect DroidCam, a patch is available that may help. Check the Help section at dev47apps.com
– Front camera option (Android 2.3+)
– Usage limit increased (2x)
– PC Client update patch available at dev47apps.com (v3.6)
Content rating: Medium Maturity