Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Launcher 7« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||September 18, 2013|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
A Windows Phone 7 style launcher for Android.
G+ page https://plus.google.com/113192992285762862111
Unlike other current WP7 launchers (Windows Phone Android, Metro UI), this one allows you to properly modify your start screen. Just long press on a tile and drag tile where you want!
This version is free, but does have an ad in application list. Ad free donate version is available if you don’t like the ad.
– 2 x 1 tiles
– Original Windows Phone 7 backgrounds!
– Freely configurable tile colors
– Launcher options are available from Application List (press menu in app list)
– Layout animations
– Animated contacts tile! (still work in progress)
– configurable animation parameters (soon)
– folders (in donate version now)
– clock tile of sorts
– more animated tiles
– facebook integration
Consider this as alpha quality at best. If it crashes, please email me or report the crash and we’ll figure out a fix.
Recommended HDPI device, tested on Galaxy i9000.
MDPI devices should be now able to show things in correct scale, but performance and memory usage may very well be a problem in these devices.
– contacts tile now flips instead of fading
– .12.3: L7 is now launchable like ordinary application
– backup and restore updated, now it should work again
– backup format changed, old backups no longer work (but then again they didn’t work anyway, so nothing is lost)
– search button can be removed (L7 settings->application drawer->hide search button)
– search view now displays wallpaper
– updating cache displays progress bar
– android style drawer now follows transparent icons setting
– removed one unused bitmap per application from icon cache (should slightly help with memory issues)
– removed one expensive graphics call from render loop (should give tiny bit more smoothness)
– app drawer icons now have background enabled, to disable it go to L7 settings -> Application drawer -> Transparent icons
– fixed crash when selecting application
– fixed issue where tile modify didn’t change app icon
– if you do have problems, use the mail – logcat logs will guarantee an answer!
Dreaded Update Sunday is upon us all!
– built from donate version 1.1.8 codebase
– picture hub & flipping mail tile added
– smaller tiles for greater performance (and more authentic look)
– new fly animation (old one is gone, there won’t be option to resurrect it, you might want to adjust anim speed to ~350ms)
– proper landscape mode (note: landscape has separate tiles from portrait mode)
– caching to improve startup speed
– better scaling to qHD and HD screens
– contact tile photo loading has been reworked
– possibly fixed crash in animated contacts tile
– juice defender should no longer cause hang while unlocking the phone
– fixed issue where unpinned tile space was not reclaimed correctly
– when adding new widget you can choose “real widget views”, which will give greatly more interactive widget experience
– existing widgets are unchanged
– if launcher crashes it will now attempt to resign from being default launcher (just to make sure you won’t end up with unbootable phone)
– out of memory errors now attempt to show message on screen before crashing. If that happens you must start reducing memory usage (use smaller bitmaps, less tiles etc.)
android.permission.READ_SMS – SMS tile
READ_CONTACTS – contacts tile
INTERNET – ads <3
GET_ACCOUNTS – calendar tile
READ_GMAIL – gmail tile (2.2+2.1)
READ_CALENDAR – calendar tile
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – backup/restore
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE – statusbar
READ_PHONE_STATE – statusbar
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – statusbar
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE – statusbar
– separate widget screen added, L7 settings -> widget view access lets you define how to get to the screen
– mail tile has new “cube” option
– some tweaks for ICS added
Content rating: Low Maturity