Tools and Utilities
English Chinese Dict. FREE« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||September 17, 2013|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
Offline English-Chinese and Chinese-English Dictionary
* Over 170.000 words and expressions!
* Works offline! No internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Search in both traditional and simplified Chinese as well as in Pīnyīn form (transcription of Chinese characters into Latin script)
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Chinese (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
* Based on the CC-CEDICT project
This application is supported by ads. The internet access permission is only used to load the ads.
NOTE: The Chinese fonts and Chinese keyboard may not be available in some Android devices.
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to the app settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Chinese (if installed)