Tools and Utilities
Maintain your Android Tablet with major file editing tools like Astro, ES File Explorer and much more! Download Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
English Chinese Dict. FREE« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||September 17, 2013|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
Offline English-Chinese and Chinese-English Dictionary
* Over 170.000 words and expressions!
* Works offline! No internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available
* Search in both traditional and simplified Chinese as well as in Pīnyīn form (transcription of Chinese characters into Latin script)
* Bookmark your favorite translations for fast reference
* Listen to the correct pronunciation in British or American English and Chinese (if installed) using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Share translations by SMS, email, etc.
* Based on the CC-CEDICT project
This application is supported by ads. The internet access permission is only used to load the ads.
NOTE: The Chinese fonts and Chinese keyboard may not be available in some Android devices.
Q: How can I share a translation?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, Facebook, etc)
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech language?
A: Just go to the app settings and select the language. Currently, 3 languages are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
* Chinese (if installed)