AFWall+ (Android Firewall)« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||March 26, 2013|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
***ROOT REQUIRED*** If you don’t know what root is, please search for “How to root android” in the Internet.
AFWall+ is an improved version of DroidWall(front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall). It allows you to restrict which applications are permitted to access your data networks (2G/3G and/or Wi-Fi and while in roaming).
Note: If DroidWall/Avast doesn’t work on your device, AFWall+ also will not work.
I will not be able to push any new versions for month or 2, as I have other important works to be completed on my personal and professional front. Please send out an email or log an issue on github. I’ll surely respond to the queries whenever I get some time.
*** Knows issues ***
– After reboot application hangs. It’s a known issue on some devices. Will fix it.
– Constant Force close on some devices – Please provide logcat, I can fix it.
– No support for .sh files on custom scripts ! I removed this for security reasons.
*** Features added ****
– Supports ICS/JB
– Import/Export Rules to external storage
– Search Applications
– Multiple Profiles with custom names
– Tasker/Locate plugin(Donate Version only for now)
– Select All/None/clear applications
– Revamped Rules/Logs Viewer with copy/export to external storage
– Ability to view the network interfaces
> Highlight system applications
> Notify on new installations
> Ability to hide application icons( faster loading )
– Roaming Option for 3G/Edge
– No data leaks on system reboots.
*** Languages ***
– German ( Many Thanks to CHEF )
– French ( Many Thanks to GermainZ )
– Russian ( Many Thanks to Kirhe@xda! )
Please help me to translate to more languages – http://crowdin.net/project/afwall
*** Upcoming Features ***
– Droidwall Bug fixes
– More languages support
– Integrate with Network Log/ Detailed Log statistics !
– Extra protection – administrator (extra protection)
– Update iptables to the latest version (more stability)
– Advance IPtables rules builder
– Support for Local LAN mode !
Note: [If you have both DroidWall & AFWall+, then just disabling DroidWall won’t work. You need to flush the iptables rules from AFWall+ menu->Firewall Rules-> menu -> flush rules and then apply the rules in AFWall+]
AFWall+ is open source software, you can find the source here : https://github.com/ukanth/afwall
Offical Support XDA forum – > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957231