Sepsis Clinical Guide« Medical « Downloads
|Updated||December 2, 2012|
The Sepsis app works only on devices running Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) or newer!! If you encounter any problems with the app, email us at email@example.com with your device type, OS version, and a brief problem description!!
The Sepsis app by ESCAVO contains clinical information and tools used in the diagnosis and management of sepsis and septic shock. Sepsis is a serious systemic infection that affects over 750,000 patients and kills over 200,000 people every year in the US, at an annual cost estimated to exceed 16 billion dollars. This app is intended for use by physicians and other healthcare professionals who manage critically ill patients.
In sepsis, time is of the essence. Successful treatment hinges on prompt recognition of symptoms, antibiotic administration, and hemodynamic stabilization. Lack of appropriate sepsis management knowledge at the bedside can lead to delayed symptom recognition, serious complications, medical errors, increased treatment costs, and avoidable morbidity and mortality. For this reason, we created this app to provide busy healthcare workers with essential management information based on the latest practice guidelines in a format that is easily accessible at the point of care.
The Sepsis app has been developed on the ESCAVO mobile publishing platform™, a platform created specifically for mobile publishing of scientific and medical content. The ESCAVO platform has an intuitive user interface designed to minimize unnecessary navigation and information access time, and display content in a manner optimized for mobile device viewing. The platform features unobtrusive pop-ups that contain secondary details on primary topics, drug administration information, and full references. An indexed search function lets users rapidly locate needed content, and a bookmarking function allows users to save sections of special interest for fast access on subsequent use. Clinical calculators are also supported.
Content updates will be performed periodically and automatically when network access is available, and are free of charge.
Clinical topics covered in the Sepsis app include the following:
– Epidemiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of the systemic inflammatory response (SIRS), sepsis and septic shock
– Definitions and diagnostic criteria of SIRS and sepsis, common differentials and etiology, guidelines on obtaining a focused H&P, and appropriate workups
– Extensive coverage of common causes for sepsis including hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), ventilator-acquired pneumonia (VAP) and intra-abdominal infections
– Early goal-directed therapy, the STOP sepsis bundle, hemodynamic management, adjunctive therapies, the mechanical ventilation of sepsis-induced ALI/ARDS, and other essential management guidelines from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign and the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
– Antibiotic treatment guidelines including specific guidelines for the treatment of HAP from ATS and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
– Information on the diagnosis and management of pediatric and neonatal sepsis including the management of pediatric fever, important differences from management of sepsis in adults, management of sepsis-induced persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN), empiric antibiotic treatment recommendations for GBS infections, interventions in pediatric septic shock, and other pediatric-specific information
– Important calculators used in the management of sepsis and HAP including the APACHE II score, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Score (MODS), the Simplified Acute Physiology Score (SAPS) II, the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score, the Clinical Pulmonary Infection (CPI) score, the Inferior Vena Cava Collapsibility Index, and others
– Drug administration information for drugs commonly used in the management of sepsis and septic shock including antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics, adrenergic and other vasoactive agents, corticosteroids and diuretics
-Fixed swipe scrolling page order bug
-Preloaded most recent content for faster initial load
-Misc minor code cleanup and bug fixes
- Eye Handbook
- Gray's Anatomy 2012 Free
- Speed Anatomy Quiz Free
- Skyscape Medical Resources
- How to brush your teeth
- Prenatal Ultrasound Lite
- Micromedex Drug Information
- MKV Video Player
- I.V. Drug Handbook
- IMAIOS e-Anatomy
- Google Body
- Anatomy 3D - Anatronica
- iPharmacy Drug Guide & Pill ID
- Medscape for Android