Prescription: Latin Terms« Medical « Downloads
|Updated||October 6, 2014|
Historically, prescriptions were written in Latin and are still written that way today. There are two major reasons:
• Latin is more concise than other languages.
• It makes prescriptions able to be written and filled worldwide, since physicians all over the world know the Latin names for drugs and the instructions needed.
If you have any doubts about the meaning of a prescription abbreviation which was written in Latin then this app is very useful for finding the English meaning of it. App is specially designed for medical and pharmacy students. Students of pharmacy discipline conducting practical in dispensing pharmacy have Latin prescription and they have to convert that in English for compounding so at the time of prescription translation this app is very helpful.
Prescription: Latin Terms app contains common Latin terms used in prescription writing along with its abbreviation. Application is made user friendly and in a simplest design. Whatever the Latin word or abbreviation for which if you want to find English meaning just type the word in search option and you can easily find
1. LATIN TERMS FOR DIFFERENT DOSAGE FORMS
2. LATIN TERMS FOR METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION OR APPLICATION
3. LATIN TERMS FOR TIME ADMINISTRATION
• Times per day
• Different time of day
• Hour / Time
• Correlated times
4. LATIN TERMS FOR VEHICLE USED AND MEANS OF APPLICATION
6. LATIN TERMS FOR PARTS OF THE BODY
7. LATIN TERMS FOR NUMERICAL S
8. LATIN TERMS FOR THE INGREDIENTS
KEY WORDS: Prescription writing, Latin prescription, Latin abbreviation, Latin words for prescription, Dispensing pharmacy, Compounding and dispensing.
- Eye Handbook
- Gray's Anatomy 2012 Free
- Speed Anatomy Quiz Free
- Skyscape Medical Resources
- How to brush your teeth
- Prenatal Ultrasound Lite
- Micromedex Drug Information
- MKV Video Player
- I.V. Drug Handbook
- IMAIOS e-Anatomy
- Google Body
- iPharmacy Drug Guide & Pill ID
- Anatomy 3D - Anatronica
- Medscape for Android