Silver Spring House Glendale« Lifestyle « Downloads
|Updated||December 27, 2012|
Silver Spring House has great history.
THE HISTORY OF THE SILVER SPRING HOUSE
In September 1835, Gordon S. Hubbard (of Hubbard Park) purchased 152 acres, including the land where The Silver Spring House is now located, for $159.35 from the United States Government.
In 1845, Valentine Blatz, a brewery owner, and Charles Kern bought the land and subdivided it. The land that The Silver Spring House now occupies was purchased by Charles Krocker; who in 1856 built a log cabin tavern, The Krocker House. On March 3,1902, a Krocker heir sold his share of five acres and a fire damaged Krocker House to John Kleist.