HabitBull - Habit Tracker« Lifestyle « Downloads
|Updated||May 21, 2014|
HabitBull is a powerful companion which helps you keep track of your efforts to improve your life.
Habits are a powerful mechanism which you can use to your benefit. Whether you want to create a habit routine, or break an existing one, you can use an assistant like HabitBull to reach your goals. Unlike a simple notebook, this app can also remind you of your routine and tell you how you are doing.
This app is free and has no ads!
HabitBull only speaks English, but we are determined to teach it a few other languages as soon as we can (it may take a while, unfortunately).
• Track up to 100 habits
• Streak counter for each habit
• Yes/No or Number goals
• Flexible goals like: Do [more than/less than/exactly] [X] pushups/cigarettes/book pages/whatever per day every [Monday-Sunday] or [X times per week/month/year]
• Inspiring quotes per category – no generic quotes but actual quotes from people doing it (including meditation, reading, stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking cigarettes, seduction, dating, stop procrastination etc)
• Graphs with success percentage / streak, entered values etc
• Powerful reminder every day per habit
• Export/Import to save/load and also to sync between devices
How it works:
1. Set up a habit
2. Tell HabitBull how you went for a day
3. Watch your daily streak increase
Habits are no more than routines which you perform subconsciously. To build one – train yourself. To break one, find another one which is similar, yet different and nicer, and repeat it until it sticks.
To assist you with this HabitBull lets you set reminders for each habit and displays them on days when you need to be successful.
HabitBull does feel a little like a game in which you compete with yourself. The task is to get a long streak for the habit you are working on by covering your goals. The longer the better. It takes a couple of months to fully build a new routine, so don’t give up – it takes time and if you are consistent it will work; even if it takes a few attempts.
Quantifying and tracking yourself helps you build willpower and discipline necessary to follow through a routine and build it into your brain, so you can rely on it for the rest of your life. Because of this HabitBull might be an appealing tool for followers of the Quantified Self movement.
There are many things which you may want to improve. HabitBull can be used in building habits like taking your pills regularly, exercise, or keep to a diet. It can also be used as a helper for people suffering from memory problems. As for your vices, HabitBull can be a useful goal tracking tool, or a smart notebook, to assist you while breaking bad habits like nail-biting, drinking alcohol and even improving your dating skills.
It is entirely up to you, really. But HabitBull is absolutely free. It has no ads and never will. So, why not have a convenient helper on the go?