Internet and Communication
Love to Communicate and want to do it more effectively on your Android Tablet! Get out our great list of Instant Messaging Apps! Download Google Chrome, Firefox, Wechat for Android.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
GTalkSMS« Communication « Downloads
|Updated||September 22, 2013|
Control your phone through GTalk / XMPP.
Note: GTalkSMS is not a chat client, its a service on your android phone that connects to GTalk/XMPP and waits for special commands and informs a GTalk/XMPP account about new SMS Messages / Incoming Calls / Battery State / etc.
* Start the application remotely by sending a SMS with “GTalkSMS” body then locate your phone, erase data or take photo if your phone has been stolen.
* Receive and send SMS from a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Search for :
– contacts from GMail or Exchange,
– old SMS,
– call logs.
* Start GMap, Google Street view or Google navigation from an address entered in a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Copy text to android clipboard or text boxes from your PC with a real keyboard.
* Get your Android phone clipboard.
* Execute shell commands.
* Receive notifications from incoming SMS or incoming calls.
* Dial a contact on your phone.
* Mark SMS as read.
* Make your phone ring.
* Make your phone send you geolocalization links (GMap links) to track down your phone.
Widget and a notification icon are also available.
For setup instructions go to the project page http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms
For Tasker / Locale integration visit http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/wiki/PublicActions
If you need help or have some suggestions, you are welcome to post in gtalksms-users group (http://groups.google.com/group/gtalksms-users).
Please DON’T use the Android Market comment function for such things.
Sometimes Jabber doesn’t work. It’s mostly due to the Jabber server, then please don’t blame GTalkSMS.
If you like this application, consider buying the donate version.
* Commands can be completely disabled to save resources, e.g. TTS (Issue 287)
* Added “Ping Server” button (does not work always) (Issue 292)
* Removed Google Analytics and AdMob – GTalkSMS is now AdFree! (Issue 293)
* Initiate a call with bypassing the dialer interface (Issue 297)
* Fix compatibility issues between old Android version and Holo
* Bug fixes
Full change log on http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/source/browse/Changelog
Content rating: Low Maturity
- textPlus Free Text + Calls
- Viber for Android
- Dolphin Browser for Android
- Google Chrome for Android
- WhatsApp Messenger for Android
- Skype for Android
- LINE: Free Calls & Messages
- Bigo:Free Phone Calls Globally
- Opera Mini for Tablets
- Firefox for Android
- BBM Messenger for Android
- FREE Calls with magicJack
- Kik Messenger
- Voxer Walkie Talkie Messenger