Internet and Communication
Love to Communicate and want to do it more effectively on your Android Tablet! Get out our great list of Instant Messaging Apps! Download Google Chrome, Firefox, Wechat for Android.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
AndroIRC« Communication « Downloads
|Updated||June 2, 2012|
AndroIRC is a complete IRC client (Multi-Server,SSL,NickServ,SASL,FiSH,Logs)
** Support AndroIRC with AndroIRC premium app! https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androirc.premium **
AndroIRC is an IRC client which can connect to several server (secured or not) at the same time.
– mIRC colors
– auto join channels on startup
– nickserv auth
– Android notifications
– copy & paste
– sasl auth (plain and blowfish)
– Multiple servers connections (SSL support)
– Easy access menu to kick, ban, change privileges…
– FiSH support (needs Android 2.3 or above)
– Tablet support
– SSL certificate support
– /Ignore support
– Nick and channels completion
– Handle irc:// links
– And much more!
1 star rating is useless! Please send us bug reports by mail including logcat to help us improving AndroIRC.
You can see userlist by double tapping on the screen, and the open channels list by single tapping. You can also navigate between open channels by flinging!
All latest news on http://www.androirc.com .
Bugs? Report them in http://bugs.androirc.com !
Verizon user: Verizon blocks IRC over 3G. You won’t be able to use AndroIRC, nor any other IRC client, over 3G, you will need to use WiFi. It’s not a bug! If you want to use IRC over 3G, I suggest you to use an SSH Tunnel, see here : http://code.google.com/p/sshtunnel/ (thanks Daryl !). Many users have also reported that using SSL bypass the Verizon filtering! Thanks everyone!
A new premium AndroIRC app is available on the market. Installing this app will disable ads on AndroIRC, and will help us paying our servers!
Starting with AndroIRC 3.2, a new permission is required to get access to your location. This is *only* for the new action “Share my location” and nothing else! Moreover, AndroIRC *does not* have access to a precise position (given by GPS), but only to an approximate one (given by the network).
What’s new on v3.3.4?
– Users list is back!
What’s new on v3.3.3?
– translations updated
– bugs fix
What’s new on v3.3.2?
– Honeycomb users can now access preferences
– Nickserv authentication preferences are now correctly saved
What’s new on v3.3.1?
– fixed an issue introduced by 3.3.0 concerning the dark theme. You should now have the black background back! Sorry about that!
What’s new on v3.3?
– The main UI has been redesigned to allow easier access to the opened channels
– SSL certificate support
– /Ignore support (with same mIRC syntax)
See http://www.androirc.com/changelog/3.3 for a full changelog, and http://www.androirc.com/article/31/androirc-3-3-now-available-on-the-android-market for more details!
What’s new on v3.2?
– added: “Share my location” action. It shares your location with the active channel or the active query. This is why AndroIRC needs a new “Your location” permission. It’s only used for the “Share your location” feature, and for nothing else!
– fixed: properly handle network disconnection/reconnection if the app. if in background. It may not be perfect yet, but it’s much better than before.
– fixed: connection issues should now be resolved for everyone
– fixed: if SSL options is turned on and the selected port does not accept SSL, automatically turn SSL off.
- textPlus Free Text + Calls
- Viber Messenger
- Dolphin Browser for Android
- WhatsApp Messenger for Android
- Google Chrome for Android
- Skype for Android
- LINE: Free Calls & Messages
- Bigo:Free Phone Calls Globally
- Opera Mini for Tablets
- BBM Messenger for Android
- Firefox for Android
- FREE Calls with magicJack
- Kik Messenger
- Voxer Walkie Talkie Messenger