Health and Fitness
Stay Healthy and Live an Active Lifestyle with our comprehensive list of Android Apps for Tablets and Smartphones.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Eat Informed - Food Additives« Health & Fitness « Downloads
|Updated||December 9, 2012|
|Category||Health & Fitness|
|Tags||food, additives, nutrition|
Today’s food is full of additives. Are they dangerous?
Our app helps you find the answer. Try it, it’s free!
This app is the perfect tool while food shopping. In a second, you can find out if they are safe for you and your family or if they are suspicious or dangerous. It also lets you know if they are suitable for vegetarians, vegans or different religious groups.
So here they are: preservatives and sweeteners, food colorings or taste enhancers, unveiled!
The app shows the ingredients’ legal status in Australia and New Zealand, Europa and the United States. It allows you to quickly check on more than 500 ingredients. You can search them by E-code, by name or by alternative names.
Internet connection is NOT required to use the app.
– You can search for food additives by E-number, by name or by alternative name(s).
– Fast E-CODE Computer for easy and fast search just in codes.
– Personal rating system, if you want to put different risk in additives.
– Customized details page, you can add/remove 15 elements from details page.
– You can read the details on any additive with just one tap.
– You can filter additives based on text queries.
– The lists can be sorted by names or by E numbers.
– You can share a details page.
– It’s also possible to filter additives based on risks.
– A new favorites list can be managed by user.
– The history list retains the last additives that you searched.
– You can zoom in/out the description field in details page.
– There is a “shortcut” button in the list and details pages title for easy search.
– It allows you to check whether an additive is suitable for vegans, vegetarians, children, pregnant women, people with asthma or allergic reactions, or for people from different religions.
– You can update the app anytime if you have an internet connection.
– On our information on additives page, you can leave comments with references, which will be taken into account in the future versions of the additive database.
– It allows integration with Google search widget.
– Zoom in the description field in details page can be done by scale gesture.
Visit our site and leave us your comments, they can help us improve the app.
“Some additives have been used for centuries; for example, preserving food by pickling (with vinegar), salting, as with bacon, preserving sweets or using sulfur dioxide as in some wines. With the advent of processed foods in the second half of the 20th century, many more additives have been introduced, of both natural and artificial origin.”
Some of them are harmless, many not quite healthy and several are dangerous.
There is some controversy about adverse reactions to food additives, particularly in relation to their effects on children. Many people have experienced various negative reactions to food additives. Certain groups may be more susceptible to adverse effects, such as asthma sufferers, chemically sensitive and allergic individuals or hyperactive children.
Answer to user comments:
– Michele – July 21, 2012
“I totally wanted this app, but the text is sooooo small, I can’t read it ! Please add text size option :-(”
Thank you for your comment. It’s now solved. (ver. 1.02)
- Endomondo Sports Tracker
- Daily Ab Workout FREE
- Eye Screen Lock
- Calorie Counter - MyFitnessPal
- Weight Watchers Mobile
- YAYOG Video Pack
- Intimate Calendar
- Calorie King
- Starbucks Nutrition Guide
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- Daily Butt Workout FREE
- RunKeeper for Android
- Runtastic for Android
- Baby Heartbeat Monitor