Are you a student or teacher? We have the latest educational apps for your classroom and for learning. We support all Android Phones and Tablets.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
PeterMemo Flashcards« Education « Downloads
|Updated||February 24, 2014|
Innovative flashcards program for learning based on regular repetitions algorithm! Learn foreign languages, medicine, geography, physics and many other….
Test the power of your brain!
- Freeware (for non-commercial use).
- No ads. Created for passion.
- Learning basing on spaced repetition algorithm.
- You can learn foreign languages, medicine, geography, physics and many other….
- Fresh, light layout basing on Holo.Ligth Android theme.
- Import of Q&A text files and SuperMemo 2.0 for PalmOS files (many flashcards program export Q&A format files thus in practice you can use indirectly many other databases).
- Full Unicode support and also import 8-bit charset encoding files (you can learn any language you can only dream assuming that Android supports it).
- Full off-line work (you need Internet connection only for installing the program or for importing files, unless you have any local copy).
- Rich help system.
- Up to 6 fields in one card.
- Cards grouped by categories.
- Undo function.
- Creating and editing databases on smartphone will be introduced in next versions, as for now only import is possible.
- Fair-play software – only one permission WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is needed (access to sd card = “modify or delete the contents of your SD card” + (only in newer versions of Android) “test access to protected storage”) (thus you have guarantee that the program doesn’t do anything suspicious, even permissions for Internet connection are not required).
- Smartphone/tablet with Android 4.0 or higher.
- Minimum 512MB RAM (more is recommended or even required if you work with huge databases).
- About 5 inches screen in portrait orientation is recommended (the application will work also with other screens and in horizontal orientation but some screens can look not as good as they should).
- Depending on the device in some cases sd card will be required (data are always kept on sdcard definied as main – internal flashdisk either external sd card depending on Android configuration).
- Program for a bit more advanced users (by advanced user I understand the user who knows how to download the file manually from Internet, unzip it and put in the specified directory).
- The names of other companies or names of other software were used only in order to identify the products. Author is not affiliated in any way with these companies/these applications and does not have any right to represent these companies/this software.
Program website: www.pmf.c0.pl
Software license agreement
This program is distributed as freeware.
1. Sides: a) Piotr Stankiewicz – author of PeterMemo Flashcards – individual person b) end user.
2. License type: Non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-redistributable, free of charge, for non-commercial use.
3. Purpose of use: learning flashcards (including importing, creating and editing databases) (any other purpose is prohibited).
4. Limited warranty: Software is licensed “as is”, without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability non-infringement or fitness of a particular purpose. Author does not warrant or assume responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any information, text, graphics, links or other items. Author makes no warranties respecting any harm that may be caused by the software. Author will not be liable for any damages (including among others without limitation: lost profits, interruptions, lost information, lost data, personal injuries) even if author has been advised on the possibility of such damages. Author does not warrant free of errors software. Author does not guarantee any learning results neither any technical support.
5. External links: Not having any influence on external third party websites author can not be liable for their content (especially taking into consideration that their content can be changed in the way independent of author).
6. Copyright information: The software is protected by Polish and international copyright law.
7. Legal system: The Polish law should be applied. Author hopes that any dispute can be resolved via negations, however if necessary the Polish court for the place of author permanent residence will take the decision. The end user consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of this court.
8. Others: If end user fails to comply with the terms and conditions of this license, the license is terminated and the end user must destroy all copies of the software. If end user does not agree with any of the points above, either if because of any reasons at least one of the points above is treated as invalid, then the whole license should be treated as cancelled and the end user user must destroy all copies of the software.
9. Right to change. Author reserves the right to change the license agreement in future, in particular when releasing new version of the software.
Attachment – additional legal information:
A. Author does not provide any databases. Databases or some elements (text, graphics, audio files, links, others) used to create databases are protected by copyright law. For more information please contact the copyright owners.
B. The learning algorithm used by this software is inspired by SM-2 algorithm (copyrighted by SuperMemo World, 1991, www.supermemo.com www.supermemo.eu) which is open to the public – see more. However PeterMemo Flashcards algorithm is not equal to the SM-2 (in some cases it behaves in similar way, while in others in fully different way).
C. As a base for creating some icons, icons provided by Google were used – see more. These icons can be used without restriction to develop apps. In PeterMemo Flashcards they were modified in order to fit better the application requirements.
D. In PeterMemo Flashcards documentation one can find names of other companies or names of other software. Author is not affiliated in any way with these companies/these applications and does not have any right to represent these companies/this software. The names were used only in order to identify the products.