Sometimes you don’t want to buy a book, you want to get a free app. We have thousands of free books available for Android Phones and Tablets.
Click on the title of this section to expand the list and show you every app in our system!
Collins English and Thesaurus« Books & Reference « Downloads
|Updated||July 3, 2012|
|Category||Books & Reference|
# Optimized for Android 3.0 and higher
# Pinch zoom
# Bug fixing
Collins English dictionary bundle – 500,000 words and 377,000 synonyms.
The Collins English Dictionary 2010 Complete & Unabridged and the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 in a software bundle offering a complete language and reference solution for writing, for work, for study, because you want to express yourself well, or just for the love of words.
* Search over 500,000 English words, references and examples in this 30th anniversary edition of the Collins’ flagship dictionary.
* Let the Thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky language clues with over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms.
* Latest vocabulary, based upon Collins’ 2.5 billion word database
* 6,000 biographical entries
* Key expressions and example sentences
* Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
* Cultural notes on life and language
* Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
* A clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
* Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
* Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
* A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
* Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
* Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
* Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
* Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
* Extensive coverage of English as an international language
* 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The dictionaries are here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any handheld platform.
* Quick dynamic search of words while you type
* Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
* Hyperlinks between different related words
* History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
* Support for memory cards
* Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
o Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
o Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
o Wild card – “?” and “*” replace a letter and group of letters in words
* Fast article scrolling
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the phone home screen
* Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard phone search feature
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- One Piece Theme GO Launcher EX
- The Kissing Booth
- Sasuke Theme GO Launcher EX
- FastDic - Persian Dictionary
- Twilight Book
- Subway Surfers Tips&Tricks
- Ponniyin Selvan (Kalki) Tamil
- Phum Dictionary (Khmer 3 in 1)
- 50 Fifty Shades Freed
- Wikipedia for Android
- English Slang Dictionary
- Baidu Translate-EN CH JP TH RU