Wiki Lecturer (TTS) Free« Books & Reference « Downloads
|Updated||December 31, 2012|
|Category||Books & Reference|
Play Wikipedia articles with Text-to-Speech (TTS) using this music player-like app in virtually any language. Listen to any topic from sushi making to computer engineering all while driving around town or walking to class. Wiki Lecturer helps the busy individual learn on the go. It’s also a great Wikipedia reader on both phones and tablets on top of its audio features!
Any language with Text-to-Speech (TTS) voices should work with Wiki Lecturer; for instance selecting German will make Wiki Lecturer search for German wiki articles and read them in German).
1) Reads your Wikipedia article to you!
5) Auto-scroll when changing sections using Table of Contents
8) Change language and tone/accent
9) Search for articles in any language your phone supports
12) Search autocompletion
13) Remembers your search history
The Pro version supports playing in the background, randomizing article play queues, skipping sections or articles, and more! Using Wiki Lecturer Pro you can even tell Wiki Lecturer to ignore wiki sections and (ie ‘References’) links that you don’t want to listen to. Once one article is done, the next will automatically play.
Pro version features:
1) Music Player Mode! (play in the background)
2) Automatically play related articles from ‘See Also’ section (see Disclaimer below for details)
3) Play order randomizing supported
4) Change speech rate
5) Change speech pitch
6) Identify links and sections to ignore
7) No ads!
Note: you may have to download a third party Text-to-Speech engine for your language (try SVOX or IVONA Text-to-Speech for instance).
Features in progress:
2) Multiple interface languages (Wikipedia search and Text-to-speech in many languages already works)
3) Media button control
4) Play queue creation/editing
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you may have.
We have tested these languages (email us if your language doesn’t work and need support added):
– Chinese (Mandarin)
Primarily tested on Samsung Galaxy S2 and S3. We can’t test every language with every Wikipedia search on every device so if you have a problem, feel free to email us with your language, the article you searched, and your device so we can test and resolve your issues.
-Added holo theme support for Android 3.x+ devices
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- One Piece Theme GO Launcher EX
- The Kissing Booth
- Sasuke Theme GO Launcher EX
- FastDic - Persian Dictionary
- Twilight Book
- 50 Fifty Shades Freed
- Subway Surfers Tips&Tricks
- Ponniyin Selvan (Kalki) Tamil
- Phum Dictionary (Khmer 3 in 1)
- Wikipedia for Android
- English Slang Dictionary
- Baidu Translate-EN CH JP TH RU