Learn To Read Kids Reading App for Playbook and Blackberry 10« Playbook Kids Apps « Downloads
|Updated||January 31, 2013|
|Category||Playbook Kids Apps|
This free kids app prompts the reader to touch the correct word on a screen of similar sounding words. The large type allows young readers to move their fingers along the words while they sound it out, while the alliterative and rhyming verse promote phonemic awareness. This app is optimized for tablet devices.
This is a demo of the full version. It has three target words while the full version has sixteen. To protect your children from inappropriate content, it contains no third party ads! If you like this app please upgrade to the full paid version.
I developed this app due to a frustration that beginning reader books have small fonts and pictures that take away focus from the text. Flash cards are an alternative, but they have no content and meaning and are boring.
– Uses a very simple print based font, meaning the letters look like the letters they are taught to write.
– The font is made as large as possible so that the child’s finger can point at each letter as they sound it out.
– The verses are alliterative and/or rhyming to promote phonemic awareness.
– The child is asked to find the target word on a screen of words that sound and are spelled similarly. The puzzles encourage the child to look for patterns in the words to find the correct answer.
– The book is filled mostly with phonetically spelled words.
– There are three target words for a total of 12 pages.
– There is a read-to-me button that can be removed through an options menu.
– This app is appropriate for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade children.
Visit my website and blog at www.corvidapps.com for more information about this app and information on learning with technology.
Check out Learn To Read for a paid version of this app with more content.
– This app does not collect any personal identifiable information.
– There are links to the Corvid Apps website and to Corvid Apps products.
– There are no third party ads.
About Corvid Apps:
My name is Laura and I am a stay-at-home mom keeping my foot in the software world by creating kids apps. I do all the coding, graphics, and marketing in the wee hours of the night and the brief moments the kids are playing nicely. I am working hard to offer a large collection of fun, unique, educational kids apps. If you like my app please leave a positive review. If you have a problem or are unsatisfied please email me at email@example.com I will do my best to rectify the situation. Visit my website and blog at corvidapps.com for more information about this app and information on learning with technology.
- My Baby Piano for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Kids Connect the Dots FREE for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Talking Kids Math and Numbers for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Bubble Blast 2 for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Bubble Turtle Shape Match for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Kids ABC Letters FREE for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Coloring Book for Kids for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Hello Kitty Seasons for Blackberry 10
- Turbo Kids for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Kids Shapes for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Kids Reading for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- My Disney Experience for Blackberry 10 and Playbook
- Kids ABC Phonics Lite for Playbook and Blackberry 10
- Kids Doodle - Movie Kids Paint for Playbook and Blackberry 10