Ag Weather Tools« Weather « Downloads
|Updated||July 24, 2012|
Introducing the DTN/The Progressive Farmer Ag Weather Tools app for Android.
The agriculture industry’s first weather app delivers exclusive GPS-based roaming alerts, top-rated forecasts, touch screen interactive weather displays and unique ag commentary. This app helps producers improve operational planning with highly-local, farm-level forecasts, and gives them advance notice to weather risks via customized alerts.
• Patented roaming alerts — create custom alert thresholds for forecasted and observed weather conditions, precipitation amounts, dangerous storm attributes, and more. Our app automatically updates your preferences with our exclusive, location-sensitive roaming alert technology. This ensures that you will be the first to know when weather will impact your current location.
• DTN WindMonitor® — receive advanced notice on your Android phone to let you know when winds will be too strong for spraying.
• PrecipTimer® — know in advance when precipitation will start, how strong it will be, and what time it will end at your farm.
• Interactive weather maps — access comprehensive layered satellite maps, animated radar, future radar, storm corridors, temperature, dew point, humidity, wind direction, and precipitation amounts.
• Site-specific weather forecasts — get 36 hours of detailed hourly forecasts and 15 days of long-range forecasts — continually updated for the most current information.
• Observed conditions — site-specific data for the temperature, humidity and wind that has impacted your farm.
• Monitor multiple locations — receive alerts for where you are working as well as other locations of concern
• Agriculture weather news & analysis — stay up to date with detailed weather-focused content from DTN/The Progressive Farmer’s meteorologists and journalists – including a daily market weather outlook video.
The DTN/The Progressive Farmer Ag Weather Tools app for Android is the most powerful weather app available for producers. Designed to help producers monitor weather for their farms, it can save them thousands of dollars by managing schedules more effectively.