RCX for TiVo (free)« Video & Audio « Downloads
|Updated||October 12, 2013|
|Category||Video & Audio|
Tired after a long day at work and want to relax on the couch while watching your favorite shows but can't find your TiVo® remote? Grab your phone, you've got it with you anyway. Problem solved!
– Control your TiVo Series3™ (or greater) with your Android phone or tablet!
– Search for your favorite shows using the on-screen soft keyboard, hardware keyboard or even a USB keyboard if your device supports it.
– Keep your eyes on the show your watching with the new “Watch TV” trackpad.
– Simple design, easy to use
Suggestions and feedback are always welcome!
This quick start quide assumes your TiVo(R) is connected to your home network. This means you need a network cable or wireless TiVo adapter connected to your TiVo and configured properly. Please see your TiVo documentation for more information.
1) Connect to Wi-Fi
The device running RCX must be connected to the same network as the TiVo®. Typically this means the device must be connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
2) Enable “Network Remote Control”
Enable the “Network Remote Control” setting on the TiVo. Do this by navigating the TiVo menu to “Settings & Messages\Settings\Remote, Cable Card & Devices\Network Remote Control”.
3) Add the TiVo network IP address to RCX
Your TiVo network address must be added to RCX. To find the TiVo network IP address navigate the TiVo menu to “Settings & Messages\Settings\Network & Phone”. The TiVo network IP address should be displayed. Tap the “gear” icon in RCX, choose “TiVo DVRs” then tap the “Add TiVo” button and enter the information requested. Alternatively you can choose “TiVo DVRs” and use the “Scan” button to try to automatically identify your TiVo's IP address.
– The TiVo web site accessed from the RCX menu can be changed in the options. This is particularly useful if you live outside the US.
– TV volume and input cannot be controlled by the TiVo itself and this app can't do it either. The TiVo remote uses infrared which nearly all android devices lack.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of Tivo Inc.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- MovieTube: Free Full Movies
- Pandora Internet Radio
- MX Player
- Music Download Paradise Lite
- Spotify for Android
- TV Portal - Stream TV & Movies
- VK Music & Video Downloader
- TuneIn Radio for Android
- Vidmate - HD video downloader
- iHeartRadio for Android
- vMusic Pro
- Sing! Karaoke by Smule
- Real Player