Bangkok Travel Local Guide« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Bangkok by local Thai people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guidebook or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Thailand much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and Wikitravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Thailand.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Bangkok
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Thailand. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Go to Wat Pho, one of the oldest and largest temples in Bangkok. The temple features the famous Reclining Buddha, the largest in Thailand measuring more than 150 feet in length.
– Visit to Temple of Down(Wat Arun) considered to be the most famous and photographed temple in Bangkok, featuring a soaring 70-meter-high spire decorated with tiny pieces of colored glass and Chinese porcelain.
– Walk around famous palace complex in Bangkok, The Grand Palace. It was built in 1782 and features several magnificent buildings including Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaeo).
– Imagine 5500kg gold in front of you at Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaeo). Located inside the grounds of the Grand Palace, Thailand’s most valued temple features the magnificent Emerald Buddha that dates the 14th century.
– Visit to the former home of an American, Jim Thompson House. Jim started the Thai silk industry after World War Two. The house gathers a magnificent collection of Asian art and many unique displays.
– Enjoy the world’s largest stage productions, Siam Niramit, a state-of-the-art 2000-seat theatre, open every day. Visitors can stroll through and feel the atmosphere of Thai life in restaurants and an authentic traditional Thai village
– Sweep views from the top of Bangkok’s second tallest building, the landmark State Tower. You can enjoy meals in a corner of the award-winning open air Sirocco restaurant on the 64th floor. Sky Bar’s counter is magically illuminated and changes color every few minutes.
– Cruse the Chao Phraya River, flowing through the heart of Bangkok and offering convenient boat transportation and sightseeing cruises. Many of the major city attractions are easily accessible from various points along this waterway.