Manila Travel Local Guide« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
You can discover unique travel activities and tours guided in Manila by local Philippine people to experience local culture.
Rather than relying on a guide book or an expensive, packaged tour, this app allows you to directly contact locals and sign up for interesting trips at a low price. It makes researching popular things to do in Philippine much easier because it puts you in the capable hands of local guides. Whether you are a solo tourist or in a group of friends and family, tours are easy, cheap, and convenient.
This app, Meetrip, is a travel community marketplace where the locals offer a wide variety of authentic and area-specific sightseeing experiences for visitors to choose from. However, where sites such as TripAdvisor and WikiTravel only suggest popular tourist destinations, this app actually allows you to directly contact locals who will show you around the city and take you to both unknown wonders and the well-known tourist spots found on sites such as Lonely Planet for a low price.
Traveling has never been easier. This app, often called “The Airbnb of sightseeing,” takes the pressure away from browsing through a city guide, map, or tourist brochure to plan the perfect sightseeing trip. Each tour is personalize and unique; trips can be anywhere from a couple hours, to an entire day tour, depending on your budget and schedule. While browsing for flights and hotels on Expedia, Kayak, and Booking.com, or Airbnb and CouchSurfing, you should use this app to find interesting local activities. Let locals give you a taste of the wonders of their hometown and culture, far beyond what you can find in an ordinary travel guide or vacation package, so that you get the real taste of Philippine.
Special Features of Meetrip:
– Amazing deals of travel local activities and tours in Manila
– Ask a travel questions to local people
– Book directly from the app – before you travel or even while you’re traveling
– Fast, simple, and secure booking
– Convenient payment process with PayPal
Some of the most popular activities are the famous sightseeing spots in Philippine. With this app, however, you get a real, authentic view with local people:
– Visit to Corregidor Island. Geographically, the island is not a part of Manila, but is still part of the province of Cavite. It is a tadpole-shaped rock island, the largest of 5 islands (the other 4 are La Monja, Caballo, El Fraille and Carabao) between the historical Bataan and Cavite shores. Some geologists say that Corregidor was once part of a huge volcano that erupted on one side and gradually eroded to become partly invisible beneath the sea.
– Pray for peace in Manila American Cemetery and Memorial. This place includes the graves of thousands of Americans who died fighting in the Philippines in World War II.
– Walk around Taal Volcano, located about 60 km south of Metro Manila. Last major eruption was reported back in 1965, affected villages in the surrounding area.
-Learn about University of Santo Tomas, the oldest university in Asia, founded in 1611, and is one of the world’s largest Roman Catholic universities based on enrollment.
– Sightsee around Intramuros, called “The Walled City,” the oldest district in Manila. This is what remains of the fortified city, which was the seat of power during Spanish Colonial times (1521-1898).
– Know about Fort Santiago, the museum and public park was built as a stone fortress at the turn of the 17th century and marked the beginning of the walled city’s riverside barricades.
– Experience to live as the aristocracy in Casa Manila, the replica of a mid-19th century house showcases the opulence of the former Filipino aristocracy.
– Go to the San Agustin Church, the museum and courtyard gardens is one of the oldest stone churches in the Philippines, having survived 2 fires and 7 earthquakes.
-Visit to the majestic cathedral, Manila Cathedral. Former Philippine archbishops buried in a crypt under the altar of this cathedral.