Word Lens Lite« Travel & Local « Downloads
|Updated||July 19, 2012|
|Category||Travel & Local|
See the world in your language!
*** DEMO EDITION *** Additional purchase required for translation.
Instantly translate printed words from one language to another with your built-in video camera, in real time!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: The included demo modes recognize the same words as the language packs available for purchase.
INTRODUCTORY PRICE! USD $4.99 per language!
+ English ⇆ Spanish
+ English ⇆ French
+ English ⇆ Italian
Try out the included modes first so you can see the technology in action. These built-in examples recognize words in English, Spanish, French and Italian.
– Reverse Words (spell all words backwards)
– Erase Words (digital white-out)
Word Lens gives you translation on the go:
– NO NETWORK required – results appear immediately on your video screen when you need it, anywhere in the world.
– Easy to use, like the regular camera
– Look up translations by typing them in, or clicking on a word.
Notes for getting the best quality out of your translations:
– Best used on clearly printed text (e.g. signs, menus)
– DOES NOT recognize handwriting or stylized fonts
– It’s not perfect, but you can get the general meaning!
– Keep text in focus by holding it at least one hand-length away and tap-to-focus if autofocus is struggling.
– Turn on the flashlight (if available on your device)
– Zoom in (if available on your device)
Some features are device dependent. Not all device cameras can zoom, nor do all devices have a flashlight.
Having trouble? We want to hear from you! Email us at:
Hardware Controls: Take Pictures and Videos: Used to access the camera so we can translate what it sees.
Network Communication: Market Billing Service: Used to purchase language packs.
Network Communication: Full Internet Access: OPT-IN ONLY: Used only if you opt-in to submit errors and anonymous usage statistics to Quest Visual to help improve the product.
Network Communication: View Network State: OPT-IN ONLY: Used only if you opt-in to submit errors. Data is only reported if you opt-in and you are online and you are not roaming.