DroidCam Wireless Webcam« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||January 2, 2014|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
Use your phone as a webcam on your computer over WiFi or USB
*note* if you are having problems with Skype v6.2 please re-download and re-install client to fix the problem *
Allows you to chat using “DroidCam Webcam” on your computer (Skype/Yahoo/MSN/etc..), and talk via “DroidCam Microphone*”.
You must download and install a computer client to use the app (Windows & Linux versions available). Visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to install the client, and for usage info.
Pro version, DroidCamX available: Various video formats and higher resolutions with less network usage, access via your browser (surveillance/ip camera), connect via 3G, bluetooth, camera flash, auto focus, zoom and more. Available for Android 2.1+.
* Audio support is experimental:
– Available on Windows XP – 7 only as an optional install
– 64-bit Windows will block the audio driver by default
– Not available via Bluetooth
– On Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) audio recording is delayed by at least 1 second and delivered in larger chunks, thus not allowing DroidCam to stream and play-back smoothly. This seems to be fixed as of Android 4.0.
KWD: Video Audio Camera Microphone Streaming USB Webcam
– Fixed several Force Closes for various devices
– Usage limit removed, free version will work without resetting
– If the latest version of Skype (6) does not detect DroidCam, a patch is available that may help. Check the Help section at dev47apps.com
– Front camera option (Android 2.3+)
– Usage limit increased (2x)
– PC Client update patch available at dev47apps.com (v3.6)
Content rating: Medium Maturity