SysLog« Personalization & Tools « Downloads
|Updated||December 31, 2013|
|Category||Personalization & Tools|
A simple open-source tool for quickly taking and sharing system logs.
Root is required for Android 4.1+, and recommended for all versions.
Log types supported:
* Kernel logs (dmsg)
* Last kernel log (last_kmsg, if device supports it)
* Main log (Logcat)
* Modem log
After taking logs, it compresses them into a single zip, and allows you to share or upload them right away – great for helping debug system issues.
You can also include notes within the zip, and append up to 10 characters to the file name.
New feature in v1.2: Grep the logs for a string. This will run the logs through grep before adding them to the zip. This is case sensitive! It will also automatically add a line to the end of the notes describing which logs and what string was used.
All the source is available at https://github.com/Tortel/SysLog
Licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2.
Uses libsuperuser by Jorrit ‘Chainfire’ Jongma, available at https://github.com/Chainfire/libsuperuser and the ActionBarSherlock compatibility library available at http://actionbarsherlock.com/
v1.5 (September 28, 2013)
– Update ActionBarSherlock and libsuperuser
– New error handling system
– It now describes errors, and tries to offer some advice on how to resolve
– Option to email a bug report
– Added an FAQ (Check in the menu)
– It now requires you to have at least one log type selected
v1.3 (August 24, 2013)
– Fixes for SU on Android 4.3
– Some code cleanup
v1.2.2 (June 15, 2013)
– Add ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission
– Fix a null pointer exception
– Update ActionBarSherlock to version 4.3.1
– Update libsuperuser to the latest version
v1.2.1 (Feb 8, 2013)
– New feature: Grep the logs for a string. See the app description for more information.
– Use the ActionBarSherlock compatibility library to create a uniform appearance
– Enable rotation and landscape layout (Also fixes crashes on keyboard open)
– Improve the layout – it now scrolls (Sorry hdpi devices!)
– Make sure the main logs directory has a .nomedia file
– Fix for running multiple times within a minute (Sorry for the multiple updates, this bothered me)
v1.1 (Jan 19, 2013)
– Automatically disable log types if not supported (Modem and last_kmsg)
– Show the directory where the logs are saved in the toast when done