Ghostery Privacy Browser« Communication « Downloads
|Updated||December 7, 2014|
While you browse, companies are tracking what you read, what you buy, what you click, and what you share. Ghostery detects scripts from Facebook, Google, and hundreds of other ad networks, behavioral data providers, web publishers – all companies interested in your activity. You can learn more about these data collection companies and block them from tracking your activity as you browse.
The Ghostery Privacy Browser is a full-featured web browser with functionality from our popular desktop tool built in. It’s easy to configure and simple to use, allowing you to browse the mobile web with quick load times and exceptional privacy.
The Ghostery Privacy Browser is free – we’re supported only by our opt-in Ghostrank feature. If you choose, you can share information with us about the trackers you encounter and where you find them. We take this information – which is carefully curated and anonymized so it cannot be used to track users – and package it into reports that let site owners, brands, and advertising technology firms audit their performance and their relationship with each other. Ghostrank is off by default and not required to access any of Ghostery’s features – but we hope you’ll consider supporting us!
You can learn more about Ghostery and our mission at Ghostery.com. Review our privacy statement here: https://www.ghostery.com/privacy.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT APP PERMISSIONS:
The Ghostery Privacy Browser will requires several permissions from your device which may seem odd. These are only necessary to function as a web browser, we don’t use any of these permissions to collect information about you or your device. Here’s a quick breakdown:
precise location (GPS and network-based)
– Needed to allow websites to use your location (maps.google.com). Each website must get permission from the user to use location, which the user can allow/deny for each website that requests it.
full network access
– needed to let the app access the internet
modify, delete, and read the contents of your USB storage
– Both of these are needed for the user to be able to download files from websites while using the app.
read and write your Web bookmarks and history
- textPlus Free Text + Calls
- Viber for Android
- Dolphin Browser for Android
- Google Chrome for Android
- WhatsApp Messenger for Android
- Skype for Android
- Bigo:Free Phone Calls Globally
- Opera Mini for Tablets
- Firefox for Android
- BBM Messenger for Android
- FREE Calls with magicJack
- Voxer Walkie Talkie Messenger
- Kik Messenger