TalkingTILES« Education « Downloads
|Updated||December 12, 2012|
TalkingTILES is a fully customizable Alternative & Augmentative Communication (‘AAC’) app for Android enabling those with a speech or communication disability to be able to communicate. TalkingTILES is a good app to transition to from manual PECS systems. TalkingTILES has a library of over 50,000 symbols and words that can be easily searched and selected, and supports over 30 different languages, accents and voices. It also supports remote programming and team collaboration between caregivers, educators, therapists and parents.
Program and run from any device, anywhere!
Key features include:
• Search over 50,000 symbols and words from the TalkingTILES Cloud library (SymbolStix, Pictograms, and Bliss) – plus add your own pictures directly from the app or from your device’s camera roll.
• Over 30 different languages, accents and voices
• Access to a large TalkingTILES Public Page Library that includes Core Vocabulary sets, Vocab Starters, Social Skills, Visual Schedules and templates. Every customer can contribute to the Public Library to share with the community or simply use it to get started quickly!
• Personalize Tiles and audio output by recording your own voice
• Secure data backup and with complete standards-based privacy and trust compliance
• Color-code Tiles for word and vocabulary organization
• Program from a PC or other mobile devices and sync with your Android device
• Online collaboration and sync across the support team: therapists, educators, caregivers and family members – you control who has access to create and view content
• Create organized easy-to-use navigation with page shortcuts and ‘Tile-to-Page’ linking
• Support for Tile linking to Web sites (URL linking) or videos
• Support teams can manage multiple client accounts and profiles through TalkingTILES Client View – great for therapists and educators who support multiple clients
• Support for switches, eye-tracking and special needs assistive technology peripherals
• Support for large screen and monitor displays for adaptive viewing and presentations
• Complete TalkingTILES support including technical, education, training and TalkingTILES Page authoring assistance
“We love the flexibility, the ease-of-use and the ability to share our pages with my therapist team without having to hand over our device. They can view my son’s speech pages on their own computer – from anywhere making page creation easy and fast!” Tracy Liscumb, mother of 8 year old Matthew with Autism